For the15th year of Ocean Park’s Halloween Fest, a scariest haunted house H15 is set to evoke your innermost phobia. To promote and create curiosity towards public, admission of this ultimate haunted attraction is restricted with online registration in advance. We are appointed to develop an online reservation system for public to vie for the limited registration code.
- Release limited registration codes in a specific timeslot
- Users have to grab those limited codes which is in first-come-first-served basic
- Users who successfully grab the codes can make reservation with the Ocean Park H15 registration system.
In order to create the noise and the desire of the reservation code, the codes are in limited supply and only available in a specific timeslot. As a result, the traffic to the campaign would be huge in that short period of time.
1. Amazon Cloud Server
To ensure smooth registration with sudden boosted traffic, we hosted the campaign in Amazon Cloud which allows us to flexibly obtain and configure the capacity.
2. Queuing System
A queuing system was developed so that only maximum 1,000 people can get into the form to do the code redemption. In this case, the database is avoided to suffer from heavy loading.
3. Separate Servers for Code Redemption and Registration
Separate servers are used for the hosting of code redemption form and registration form, so that the heavy traffic in code redemption stage would not affect the registration system.
- Over 6,500 con-current visits to our campaign site to rush for the code!
- The 1,000 codes in the first round were grabbed out within 10 minutes!